A Truly Thankful Thanksgiving

Cooper the Trooper is justly named. He was born under some porch steps, endured a hurricane, lived outside for the first 4 weeks of his life, and has thus far survived the farm at home.

Seriously, he was ugly as sin. 

I already told of Cooper’s humble beginnings in a previous post, but what I didn’t mention was Cooper’s two month vacation.

I lived in The Little Grey Cottage this weekend and if you’ve ever spent any amount of time with me you’ve been to the cottage. Horribly run down with no heat, bats, and enough charm to charm a cobra in a basket.

Anyway, I was missing Cooper because I have never really lived with him so he came to stay with me. After a failed attempt and then a re-move in with my parents my Uncle Gene who was caretaker tragically passed away and so we had to move.

Unfortunately for Cooper, he didn’t get the memo. Also unfortunately for Cooper, my family and I were too dumb to put up posters advertising that he was our cat and how to get a hold of us.

But, through the magic of small-towness our old neighbours called my aunt asking if she had lost a cat, and fortunately she remembered that we had lost a cat. The call came over Thanksgiving weekend when I was home, and it was the best Thanksgiving ever.

It should also be noted that since Cooper has been reunited with our home he has gained about 6 or 7 pounds in 6 months, and barely leaves the house. Cooper knows how to survive, but he also knows when he has it good. I think this is a lesson we could all learn from.

1 comment: