The Sneaky Laundry Mountain


If you’re like me, you wait until you literally run out of a
particular type of clothing before you do laundry. Your laundry pile
starts out innocent enough. A towel, socks, pajamas, etc. And then, when
you least expect it, you end up with what I like to call… Laundry
Mountain.  
Each time I conquer Laundry Mountain I promise myself I will do laundry
every Saturday, fold all my clothes as soon as they come out of the
dryer, and even hand wash my delicates. This goes okay for about a day.
Then Laundry Mountain starts to climb and climb until it resembles a
heap of clothes at a second hand shop. 
You look at the mountain and think, wow that is going to take days to
lug down two flights of stairs, sort, wash, dry, fold, and put away. I
don’t know what’s going to happen when I have children, but laundry
is my most hated chore. It’s probably going to be every baby for
himself when I have children.  
I come from a very small community where people still hang their
clothes on the line. Yup, we are living in the 60s where it’s still
appropriate to hang your underbits for the world to see. People actually
prefer the feel and smell of sun infused laundry. While I agree that
it’s awesome to conserve the environment, but is it really
necessary to display your garments for the community to see?  
In any case, I have never been to a place where they still hang laundry
to dry other than my tri-county area. I used to hang/ bring in the wash
for my mother, and I hated every clothespin. Although I’m spoiled now
with high efficiency washer and dryer, I still hate doing it.  
It doesn’t help that where I am renting the basement is undergoing
renovations and looks like this: 
It’s creepy, it smells, and if anyone has high efficiency machines
you will know that the washer reeks of mould. I live on the 2nd floor so
my treacherous journey is punctuated by a slippery flight of stairs that
I have previously fallen down (my first stair tumble at 20 years old, go
figure) and these: 
The ricketiest, oldest, weirdest flight of stairs ever to grace a
basement. Needless to say that they suck. 

But I soldier on, bully my way through, and it usually takes about
three days to slay Laundry Mountain. But that’s okay. I’m 20, and
you can’t make me grow up :3 
 

The End :3 

No comments:

Post a Comment