Kittehs Know how to Cure the Swine Flu

Whenever I tell people I had the Swine Flu they recoil in disgust like I just told them I have herpes. Seriously people, the Swine Flu was just an intense flu. And when I say intense I mean the worst I’ve ever felt in my entire life, and I’ve been sick a lot.
 
It all started with Upper Clements Park. I worked for a day camp in Halifax and we took a day trip to Upper Clements Park with all the kids. While there I must have gotten in contact with a sick kid (go figure).
 
Luckily Aunt Wanda and Uncle Corey were in the city and offered me a ride home that night. All was going well, we arrived in Woods Harbour super late and the next morning my life was over.
 
Around 8am my mama was talking to Grandma on the phone arranging for her to come over, and when she hung up I was like uhhh I think you should call Grandma back I’m not feeling very well.
 
5 minutes later I was on the couch in total agony.
 
The Swine Flu hit me like a tonne of bricks, and I didn’t move off the couch for 5 days.
 
Muffin is Grand Massa of all cats. He is about 12 or 13 years old, and is the biggest snuggler kitteh that ever lived. As soon as I hit that couch Muffin’s human-sitting-still sensor went off and he was on my lap in a second.
 
Muffin was by my side day and night while I was on that couch. He didn’t move and neither did I. I swear by cat and dog healing powers. Your pets know when you’re upset, they know when you’re sick, and they know how to make you feel better.
 
I was half scared I was going to make Muffin sick, because there were all kinds of reports of cats and ferrets getting the Swine Flu. Fortunately unfortunately I only made mama sick. Dad sat in his chair two feet away from my dying body and he got nothing. Beth holed herself in her room (understandably) and Vanessa wouldn’t even come in the house.
 
This post of for everyone who has ever had a pet that made you feel better just by being there.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment